We use the best equipment available to build your swimming pool. Check out our construction warranty.
Gibbons Pools Inc. warrants all Zodiac brand products (including those branded as Baracuda®, Jandy®, or Nature2®) to be free from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of retail purchase, with the following exceptions:
Replacement products, or parts, provided at no charge are warranted only until the original finished good’s warranty has expired. Purchased replacement parts are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of retail purchase, with the exception of electronic salt water chlorine generator cells and electrodes, which are warranted for one (1) year.
Unless otherwise indicated in the relevant product manual or quick start guide, this warranty applies only to products installed and serviced by Gibbons Pools Inc. The liability of Gibbons Pools Inc. shall not exceed the replacement of the defective product or its parts, and does not include transportation costs, costs for labor to service or repair the defective product, or any items or materials required to make the repair including, but not limited to, refrigerant and other expendables. Gibbons Pools Inc. is not responsible for charges or delays incurred when a we are unable to perform service due to lock outs, animals, intolerable pool or spa water temperature when entry into pool or spa is required to perform service, service refusals, etc. No reimbursements will be made for loss and/or usage of water, fuel or other resources resulting from product defect. Gibbons Pools Inc. may charge the end-user customer for parts and/or labor required to resolve any issue not covered under warranty. Gibbons Pools and/or Zodiac are not responsible for these charges. Product discoloration, or any other cosmetic or superficial damage or deterioration, regardless of its cause, is not covered by this warranty. This warranty does not cover failures, defects, malfunctions or complaints resulting from any of the following:
- Not maintaining proper pool and/or spa chemical balance [pH levels between 7.2 and 7.8, with ideal range being between 7.4 and 7.6; Total Alkalinity (TA) between 80 to 120 ppm; Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) less than 2000, not including salt ppm].
- Corrosion, erosion, scaling, calcification or other conditions caused by water hardness, chemical imbalance, or lack of product maintenance.
- Chemical contamination of combustion air; or improper use of pool/spa chemicals, such as introducing chemicals upstream of the heater or cleaner hose, or through the skimmer; or use of copper-based algaecides in conjunction with Nature2 products.
- Abuse, damage during transit or installation, mis-handling, tampering, vandalism, alterations, accidents, fires, floods, storms, earthquakes, power surges, lightning, pets or other animals, insects and/or their hives or nests, negligence, or acts of God.
- Not grounding and/or bonding as specified, mis-wiring, loose wiring, cut or kinked wires, loose cable connections, incorrect wire runs, incorrect breaker size, breaker(s) in “off” position, improper wire gauge, moisture in electrical conduit, improper electrical supply, dead batteries, incorrect plumbing, inadequate size of pipe and/or fittings, cross-threading, over-tightening, under-tightening, glue drips or residue, improperly secured covers, improper valve placement or usage, unsynchronized valve actuators, valve actuators in “off” position, improper gas pipe sizing, lack of fuel, inadequate heater vent pipe sizing, programming errors, or removal of in-line filter screens from pool cleaners.
- Freezing, corrosion, cracking, overheating, warping, flooding, moisture intrusion or any other condition caused by or related to weather, climate, improper winterization, improper equipment placement, inadequate ventilation, inadequate water circulation, roof run-off, sprinklers, irrigation systems, or lights or other products on or near the pool/spa or pool/spa equipment pad.
- Operating the product at water flow rates below minimum, or above maximum, specifications. Operating any product or piece of equipment including, but not limited to, pumps, with insufficient quantities of water.
- Improper equipment sizing, or product mis-applications including, but not limited to, unsuitable application of a pool cleaner, or use of residential products on commercial applications.
- Dirty, clogged, blocked, covered or obstructed plumbing, cleaner parts, chlorine generator cells or sensors, pump strainer baskets, pump impellers, heater orifices (including blockage by spider webs), heater grills, doors, flue boxes, flue vents or flue collectors, filter elements, or filter breather tubes.
- Collateral damage caused by failure of any component including O-rings, pump strainer baskets, DE grids, sand filter laterals, or cartridge elements.
- In order to maintain the warranty, Gibbons Pools MUST Summerize and Winterize your equipment each year during the warranty period
This is the only warranty given by Gibbons Pools. We are not authorized to make any other warranties on behalf of Zodiac. IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES LISTED ABOVE. Gibbons Pools expressly disclaims and excludes any liability for consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive damages for breach of any expressed or implied warranty. In no event shall Gibbons Pools and/or Zodiac be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any nature, including damage to vinyl liners, plaster, aggregate-based pool surfaces, tile, stone, coping, fixtures, skimmers or skimmer covers, plumbing, drains, equipment covers or shelters, landscaping, animals, plants, or dwellings.